This is an archived copy of the 2016-2017 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit

On occasion, a student voluntarily withdrawing from the University may need a letter stating the conditions of her or his withdrawal.

If a statement of honorable withdrawal is needed, the dean of the appropriate college or other appropriate offices (i.e., University Discipline Officer) will furnish one, provided the student is of good character, has a satisfactory record of conduct, has no financial obligations to the University, and is withdrawing voluntarily for acceptable reasons; and provided that the student, if withdrawing during a term, follows the official procedure for a change of registration.