This is an archived copy of the 2017-2018 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit

Current YSU students desiring to attend another institution as transient students must complete and submit the Transient Student Authorization form, available from the dean of the college in which they are enrolled. Instructions are on the form. To be certain the transient class is applicable to the degree, the TSA form must be completed prior to taking the course. If the form is completed after the course is taken, applicability cannot be guaranteed.
To receive credit for approved coursework, the student must have received a grade of "C" or better and must attend Youngstown State University the semester following the completion of the transient term. It is the student's responsibility to have an official transcript sent from the other institution to the YSU Office of Admissions.