2500 Moser Hall
(330) 941- 3023
YSU is pleased to offer its online Master of Science in Engineering degree program with management option in a convenient, fully online format to students across the U.S. and around the world. Demand is increasing for technical professionals with strong managerial capabilities. Managing human resources, research and development projects, resources, systems and technology requires management skills and insight. The online Master in Engineering Management program at YSU is designed for engineering professionals who need to acquire and develop those management capabilities while maintaining their expertise in their technical specialties.
The online Engineering Master's degree curriculum combines engineering and business courses to develop a well-rounded engineer prepared to manage a technical organization. The program draws on the faculty and resources from the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and the Williamson College of Business Administration at YSU.
If you are a professional who currently holds a technical managerial role and would like to improve your skills, or if you are a professional who is planning on moving into an engineering technical management role, then this online Master in Engineering degree program is for you.
Applicants must meet all of the general requirements for admission to the College of Graduate Studies. Admission to the program is selective and based on the qualifications of the applicant, the needs of the program, and the availability of funding. Applicants with lesser qualifications may be granted provisional graduate student status based on evaluation of their undergraduate records, standardized test (e.g. GRE) results, work experience, and other professional qualifications.
The online Master of Science in Engineering, Management (MEM) is a two-year program. The program starts Fall semester. The program requires completion of 30 credit hours.
|Managing Organizational Talent|
|Competitive Manufacturing Management|
|Financial Accounting and Finance for Decision Making|
|Consumer & Product Management|
|Decision Analysis for Engineering|
|Supply Chain Engineering|
|Corporate Financial Management|
|Cost Based Decision Making|
- Demonstrate quantitative analytical and critical thinking skills and techniques to manage projects and processes (products and services).
- Examine a multidisciplinary approach involving the integration of engineering, management, quality and risk analysis in projects, and processes.
- Identify, prioritize and select relevant solutions in solving complex engineering problems and processes.
- Assess tools and techniques, resources, organizational systems, and decision-making processes for the successful management of projects.
- Apply global mindset and a detailed knowledge of business environments in engineering management solutions.
- Demonstrate organizational and team skills needed to manage projects and processes.