Dr. Jane Beese
4105 Beeghly College of Education
To meet the needs of teachers interested in pursuing a Teacher Leader Endorsement, Youngstown State University now offers a new program specifically aligned to Ohio's new Teacher Leader Framework and standards.
This twelve credit, four course program can be completed within a one year time frame. Organized in a fully online format, candidates can complete coursework while operating as working professionals. This program is designed for candidates who aspire to be formal or informal leaders in their school or district while remaining a classroom teacher.
- Candidates will be able to apply the principles of effective leadership and teacher learning.
- Candidates will be able to make data-based decisions and evidence-based practice.
- Candidates will be able to model ongoing professional learning and improved practice within a learning community.
- Candidates will be able to advocate for a shared vision and clear goals for their schools to drive initiatives.
- Candidates will be able to create and build strategic relationships and partnerships to enhance student outcomes.
- Candidates will be able to foster a positive and inclusive culture.
In order to apply for the Teacher Leader Endorsement Program at Youngstown State University, candidates must:
1. Hold a current teaching license
2. Have at least four years of teaching experience
3. Already have a masters degree or currently enrolled in a master program
3. Provide two letters of recommendation which explain why the candidate will be successful in the program.