Welcome to the School of Computer Science, Information, and Engineering Technology. The programs that make up the School are committed to high quality education in the classroom, in student research, student projects, and in internships with our business partners. The programs within the School range from Associate in Technical Studies to a Master Degree. Some programs focus on the analytical while others are focused on the practical side. Below is a list of the programs to meet student needs:
- The Computer Science program is offered as the Bachelor of Science degree and is a traditional, analytical program which involves extensive computer programming and support courses in mathematics.
- The Information Technology program is also offered as the Associate of Applied Science and the Bachelor of Science in Applied Science. Coursework emphasizes applying high-end computer applications and system management.
- The Master's in Computing and Information Systems offers advanced education in several computing areas.
- The Civil and Construction Engineering Technology is offered as both Associate and Bachelor of Science in Applied Science degree and focuses on civil design engineering and the construction aspect to civil engineering.
- The Electrical Engineering Technology is also offered as both Associate and Bachelor of Science in Applied Science degrees with focuses in electrical engineering design and industrial automation.
- The Mechanical Engineering Technology program, also offers both Associate and Bachelor of Science in Applied Science degrees with focuses in mechanical and additive manufacturing engineering. Within the mechanical engineering program students can also earn certifications in specific areas.
- The Power Plant (Electrical Utilities) Technology offers an Associate in Technical Studies with a focus in basic operating of electrical utility power plants and related industries.
Welcome from the Chair
As the chair, I want to welcome you to YSU and the School of Computer Science, Information, and Engineering Technology. The programs within the School offers students the most current curriculum with the technology that will prepare them for their professional careers upon graduation by teaching them to apply knowledge and training to create solutions.
Students in the various programs have the opportunity to work with faculty on both research and real-world projects, as well as internship and co-op opportunities so that they gain experience in their field of study.
I am proud of the faculty, students, and graduates of our programs. We look forward to meeting you and answering any questions you may have! Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
School Contact Information
Phone: (330) 941-3134 or (330) 941-3287
- Computer Science and Information Technology: Meshel Hall, Room 339
- Engineering Technology: Moser Hall, Room 4120
Computer Science: Dr. Kramer firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Technology: Dr. Arslanylimaz email@example.com
Civil and Construction Engr’g Tech: Prof. Korenic firstname.lastname@example.org
Electrical Engr’g. Tech: Prof. Zapka email@example.com
Mechanical Engr Tech: Dr. Lamb firstname.lastname@example.org
Power Plant Tech: Prof. Coyne email@example.com