Betty Jo Licata, Dean
“Excellence through Engagement”
The mission of the WCBA is to develop successful professionals and leaders for business and society.
- A student-centered, teaching/learning process that focuses on the application of theory to practice and supports the intellectual and professional development of our students.
- Faculty scholarship that contributes to management practice, advances the discipline, and enhances the teaching-learning process.
- Contributions by our students, faculty, and staff that support the university, profession, and the economic development of the region.
BSBA Learning Outcomes
1. Recognize, analyze, and solve business problems.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to recognize, analyze, and solve problems in the fields of accounting, finance, management, and marketing.
- Students will be able to recognize and understand global business issues; and, they will be able to apply this understanding in solving business problems with multinational dimensions.
- Students will be able to apply an interdisciplinary approach to solving problems.
2. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Students will be able to deliver effective oral business presentations, using audio or visual technology where applicable.
- Students will be able to write clear and informative business reports, including executive summaries, case analyses, and reports involving persuasive argumentation.
3. Identify and assess ethical and social responsibility issues.
- Students will be able to identify ethical issues in business and respond to the resulting dilemmas.
- Students demonstrate literacy and understanding of the legal and social responsibility obligations at the organizational and individual levels.
4. Demonstrate professional behavior in business situations.
- Students will understand and exhibit professional conduct in classroom, job search, and workplace environments.
- Students will have a basic understanding of conflict resolution methods.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of factors that contribute to the effective performance of leaders and teams.
The Williamson College of Business Administration's associate, bachelor's, and master's programs are accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the premier accrediting agency for programs in business administration. Fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned AACSB accreditation.
The Williamson College of Business Administration moved into a new 110,000 square-foot, $34.3 million building in fall 2010. The College's new home is a LEED-certified state-of-the-art facility that provides enhanced classrooms and learning spaces for students and provides a variety of places for students to study and meet with team members, friends, and the business community. The building includes:
- WCBA Student Services Center
- Center for Career Management
- Faculty Offices
- 3D Printing Lab
- Professional Sales and Business Communication Lab
- Financial Services Lab
- Gallery of Industry, Business and Entrepreneurship
- 14 Classrooms
- Team Rooms
- Conference Center and Executive Board Room
- 200-seat Auditorium
- Ohio Small Business Development Center, Williamson Center for International Business, Center for Nonprofit Leadership and the Center for Entrepreneurship
Designed to link the campus with the downtown community, the new building is a valuable resource for WCBA students and the regional community.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Majors
The Williamson College of Business Administration offers courses leading to the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) degree, with majors in:
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Business Administration
- Business Economics
- Finance: Financial Management Track
- Finance: Certified Financial Planner Track
- Human Resource Management
- Information and Supply Chain Management
- International Business (ICP)
- Marketing: Marketing Management Track
- Marketing: Sales Management Track
- Advertising/Public Relations
- Business (non-business Majors)
- Employee Relations
- International Business
- Management Information Systems
- Nonprofit Leadership
wcba certificate program
For more information, visit The Warren P. Williamson, Jr. College of Business Administration.