The areas of coursework in the M.S.N. program include core courses (16 semester hours), and one of the following options:
- Nurse Education option (27 semester hours)
The breakdown of these course requirements is as follows:
|NURS 6900||Professional Issues in Nursing||3|
|NURS 6901||Nursing Science and Research 1||3|
|NURS 6902||Advanced Pathophysiology||3|
|NURS 6906||Advanced Statistics||3|
|NURS 7002||Nursing Science and Research 2||2|
|NURS 7005||Capstone Practicum||2|
|Nurse Education Opton Courses|
|NURS 6903||Advanced Pharmacology||3|
|NURS 6904||Advanced Health Assessment||3|
|NURS 7018||Nursing Curriculum Design||3|
|NURS 7019||Nursing Instructional Methods||3|
|NURS 7020||Evaluation in Nursing Education||3|
|NURS 7021||Nurse Educator Role||4|
|NURS 7022||Nurse Educator Role Practicum||5|
|Cognates: Educational Technology|
|Choose one 3 s.h.||3|
|TCED 6905||Introduction to Digital Teaching and Learning||3|
|TCED 6936||Curriculum, Assessment, and Instruction to Improve Learning||3|
|Total Semester Hours||49|
MSN Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates of the program are prepared to:
- Synthesize theory and research from nursing and related disciplines for advanced nursing roles.
- Utilize leadership strategies to influence health and health care and to promote the nursing profession in the advanced nursing role.
- Expand the knowledge of evidence-based practice by identifying nursing research problems and contributing to research investigations.
- Integrate assessment of own learning in developing a lifelong pattern of scholarly inquiry.
Upon successful completion of the MSN program, graduates are eligible to sit for national certification examinations. Once certified, graduates must apply for a Certificate of Authority to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the State of Ohio or in the state in which they intend to practice.
Graduates of the Nurse Education option are prepared to:
- practice in advanced nurse educator roles within Academic, Health Care Delivery and Community settings.
- incorporate a variety of theories from nursing and related fields into nursing practice and education roles.
- analyze social issues related to Health Care Delivery Systems and nursing education.